Sunday, June 30, 2013

Friday I got to tour inside the castle. It was very interesting and all of the artwork especially on the ceilings was awesome to see. I can't imagine the time it took to build a castle like that because of all the attention to detail that was put into it. This weekend I went to Erfurt again where I saw some new sites but basically did some souvenir shopping with friends. On Sunday I went to Weimer for the first time and found it to be a very nice city. We went to a historical part of town and went into a museum where they used videos to teach us about the importance of Weimer. It use to be a city of the arts and science and was pretty important back in the day. Napoleon had even gone to Weimer many times because he liked it so much. After Weimer I went to Buchenwald concentration camp which was a German work camp in World War 2 where approximately 56,000 people were killed. Needless to say it was pretty messed up but I am glad I went to it, hopefully nothing ever happens like that again in the future!

 Chapel in Castle
 Ceiling in castle

 Organ in castle chapel one of the oldest that still works in Europe
 Ceiling in castle

 Erfurt fish market
 Opera house in Weimer
 Statue in Weimer
  Buchenwald Concentration camp

No comments:

Post a Comment